TeamHealth in partnership with HCA and Grand Strand Medical Center is seeking a motivated leader with ACGME experience to partner with our emergency medicine residency Program Director at Grand Strand Medical Center in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The ideal candidate will join the team with an academic appointment and the desire for professional growth. This key role will work closely with the Program Director in planning and coordinating academic and operational activities of the residency program and provide administrative supervision and guidance to residents.
The Associate Program Director will be responsible for the organization, operation, and general administration of the program. Candidates must be emergency medicine residency trained and board certified in emergency medicine (ABEM/AOBEM).
- Currently serving at Associate/Assistant Program Director or have at least 3 years of experience as core faculty with an ACGME accredited emergency medicine residency program.
- Willingness to combine clinical, administrative and teaching responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills.
- Experience or a strong interest in emergency medicine research
- Interest in serving as a clinical ED staff physician and a core member of the teaching faculty.
- Selection and recruitment of applicants for the residency
- Interview of applicants for the residency
- Instruction, supervision, counseling and evaluation of the residents
- Maintenance of records for program accreditation (procedure logs, milestones, etc.)
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Core Curriculum
- Participation in the Clinical Competency Committee and Program Evaluation Committee
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments, curriculum vitae, and the names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five professional references.
- Association with the leading physician practice in the country
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization