TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity for an experienced academic emergency medicine physician to lead our team as the full-time Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director at Grand Strand Medical Center located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed, 90,000-annual-volume, acute care hospital committed to quality patient care in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It is a level I trauma center, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, and Accredited Chest Pain Center.
The ideal Program Director candidate will oversee the success and maintenance of certification of the program in compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements and the policies and procedures of the Sponsoring Institution.
The program director (PD) will report directly to the Regional Medical Director and HCA hospital leadership. The PD should build upon an exceptional and established educational program. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills. You will enjoy having complete hospital dedication and financial support for developing a top-quality program.
- Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
- Core Program Clinical Teaching
- General Administration
- GME Committees/Meetings
- GME Lecturing/Teaching Conferences
- GME Recruiting/Interviewing
- GME Research/Scholarly Activity
- Resident Evaluation/Mentoring
- Program Evaluation
- Board certified in emergency medicine
- Previous leadership or administrative experience
- Willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) responsibilities (50/50)
- Strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program, and at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or education organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments, curriculum vitae, and the names, mailing addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five professional references.
- Association with the leading physician practice in the country
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization