Further your career in emergency medicine through TeamHealth's opening for a full-time emergency medicine physician working day shifts at Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut. This community hospital system offers comprehensive, high-quality, family focused care.
Griffin Hospital is a 160-bed community hospital and Level III trauma center with an annual emergency department (ED) volume of 34,803. The ED has 23 private beds, a Fast Track, three behavioral health crisis intervention rooms, private triage rooms, bedside registration and a dedicated ultrasound unit. This newly expanded department has been redesigned for optimal efficiency and patient comfort -- utilizing Griffin's patient-centered, Planetree model of care.
Griffin has a 40-year affiliation with Yale University School of Medicine, Quinnipiac University School of Medicine, & Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center and currently offers a four-year combined internal medicine/preventive medicine residency program.
Eligible candidates are ABEM or AOBEM board certified or board eligible within five years of residency. Prior to hospital application being submitted candidates must have an active CT Medical license, DEA, CT CSR, ATLS, ACLS, PALS, and BLS. Candidates must reside within the community and relocation assistance is available.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do.
We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the U.S., driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team. To improve the experience of our physicians and advanced practice clinicians, we empower them to act on what they believe is right, free clinicians from distractions so they can focus on patient care, invest in learning and development to promote growth in the clinical field and foster an environment where continuous improvement is a shared priority.
- Employed status with full benefits. Physician benefits include Medical, Prescriptions, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, FMLA, Workers Compensation, Short-Term Disability, Unemployment Insurance, Life Insurance and a Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan
- Competitive hourly rate
- Relocation assistance
- Paid malpractice insurance per state limits with tail coverage included
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through the TeamHealth Institute