TeamHealth is seeking a Hospital Medicine leader for the role of Facility Medical Director at Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center located about 20 minutes from Washington, D.C. This leadership opportunity will report directly to the Regional Medical Director (RMD) and Vice President of Operations (VPO) and will be responsible for the oversight of a growing team of clinicians and advanced practice clinicians.
As Facility Medical Director (FMD), you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. As FMD, you will be responsible for managing the clinical, financial, human and capital resources of the facility.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 16,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Attend hospital general medical staff meetings and serve as a representative on hospital committees
• Schedule, conduct and report on monthly or bi-monthly Departmental meetings
• Manage staffing schedule and a core team of fifteen (15) providers
• Produce and execute a yearly Departmental strategic plan
• Attend monthly Goal Progress meetings with hospital administration along with RMD and VPO
• Attend leadership training programs provided by TeamHealth
• Medical degree (MD or DO) required
• Board certified in internal medicine or family medicine
• Ideal candidate will have three to five years of previous leadership/administrative experience
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Association with the leading physician practice in the country
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
(Job Reference: 11851BR)