TeamHealth is seeking a board-certified general surgeon to join our hospital-based general surgery program at CarolinaEast Medical Center in beautiful New Bern, North Carolina! This opportunity will include hospital coverage for all acute emergency department (ED) and inpatient consultations, as well as, a limited volume of bread-and-butter clinic consults and procedures.
TeamHealth’s surgeons enjoy the flexibility of scheduling – full-time entails working 10 days per month!
Surgeon should be comfortable with a case mix typical of community level trauma. Ideal candidates provide quality care, demonstrate clinical excellence with superior communication skills, have current skills in the full breadth of general surgery (at least three years of experience outside of residency) and will require a North Carolina license to practice. A current North Carolina license is a plus!
For more than 40 years, TeamHealth's innovative national resources have supported our clinicians as they deliver the best possible patient care. Driven by our commitment to quality and safety, we are proud to be one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the country.
- Excellent schedule providing a great work/life balance
- Relocation not required
- Paid professional liability insurance with tail coverage
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources, and CME through the TeamHealth Institute
- Enrollment in TeamHealth’s Patient Safety Organization with access to risk management activities
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program (services assists with everything from financial planning to childcare) and referral program
(Job Reference: 11639BR)