TeamHealth is seeking a Hospital Medicine leader for the full-time role of Facility Medical Director at Memorial Hospital West located in beautiful Pembroke Pines, Florida. Candidates must be board certified in internal medicine or family medicine.
This leadership opportunity will report directly to the Regional Medical Director and Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for the oversight of a growing team of clinicians and advanced practice clinicians.
As Facility Medical Director (FMD), you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote practice, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. As FMD, you will also be responsible for managing the clinical, financial, human and capital resources of the facility.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company with over 16,000 clinicians. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people.
At TeamHealth, our purpose is to perfect the practice of medicine, every day, in everything we do. We are proud to be the leading physician practice in the United States, driven by our commitment to quality and safety and supported by our world-class operating team.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Attending hospital general medical staff meetings and serve as a representative on hospital committees;
• Producing and managing FMD report to appropriate Regional Medical Director (RMD), Senior Vice President (SVP), Executive Vice President (EVP), and Vice President Operations (VPO)
• Scheduling, conducting and reporting on monthly or bi-monthly Departmental meetings
• Managing staffing schedule and a core team of twenty (20) providers
• Producing and executing a yearly Departmental strategic plan
• Attending monthly goal progress meetings with hospital administration along with RMD and VPO
• Partnering with the IM program director to develop departmental initiatives related to the GME program
• Attending leadership training programs provided by TeamHealth
• Medical degree (MD or DO) required
• Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
• Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of previous leadership / administrative experience
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit a letter of application including professional accomplishments and curriculum vitae (CV) to: Bailey_Singleton@teamhealth.com
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- Access to leadership development programs such as LEADership Fundamentals, LEAD (Leadership Education and Development), CDA (Coach Development Academy), the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
- Association with one of the largest integrated healthcare providers in the nation
- Practice with confidence as a member of TeamHealth's national Patient Safety Organization
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Customized Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) membership with access to CME, exclusive access to educational resources, professional development opportunities, live events and a dynamic online community of hospitalists who actively shape and improve the practice of hospital medicine
(Job Reference: 11610BR)