Further your leadership career in emergency medicine as a full-time Facility Medical Director at Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, New Jersey. Candidates must be emergency medicine residency trained, board-certified and have prior medical directorship experience. Enjoy easy access to New York City, independent contractor status and an RVU model with incentives!
Chilton Medical Center's emergency department (ED) receives an annual volume of 45,000 and an average of 1.8 patients per hour. There are 20 adult ED beds with a nine-bed fast track and a 5-bed peds ED. The EMR is Epic and a large ED renovation is underway.
The Children's Center combines both pediatric emergency services and hospital care. The peds ED has an annual volume of 10,000, which is open 24 hours a day. Peds ED has 11 state-of the art private patient rooms. Pediatric trained physicians and nurses are solely devoted to pediatric patients. OB back up is in-house. Anesthesia is in house and available from home during overnight. Interventional Neuro is transferred to Overlook or Morristown. There is one hospitalist medicine group which takes 70% of the admissions. Chilton Medical Center has a cath lab (no elective caths). There is also a crisis center. No in-patient psych. ED docs provide medical clearance.
For more than 40 years, our history and national footprint in emergency medicine allows us to achieve the highest standards in care, informed by decades of evidence-based data. To that end, we’ve created robust risk management programs to help our clinicians feel confident in their work. We harness a nationwide collection of tools, clinical resources and collective knowledge for our emergency medicine clinicians who provide the best for their patients.
- Independent contractor status
- RVU model with incentives
- Large ED renovation underway
- Stability through association with the industry's leading physician practice
- Access to TeamHealth's clinician wellness program and referral program
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), Women in Leadership (WIL), and the National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC)
(Job Reference: 9794BR)