TeamHealth has an exciting opportunity for a full-time experienced academic Emergency Medicine physician to lead our team as Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director at Mission Hospital located in Asheville, North Carolina.
The ideal candidate will oversee the development, application and the maintenance of certification of the program in compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements and the Policies and Procedures of the Sponsoring Institution. This leadership opportunity will be available starting spring 2021 with the program scheduled to open June 2022.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills. You will enjoy having complete hospital dedication and financial support for developing a top-quality program.
• Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
• Core Program Clinical Teaching
• General Administration
• GME Committees/Meetings
• GME Lecturing/Teaching Conferences
• GME Recruiting/Interviewing
• GME Research/Scholarly Activity
• Resident Evaluation/Mentoring
• Program Evaluation
• Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
• Have previous leadership / administrative experience
• Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program, and at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
- Employed opportunity with access to full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Medical practice insurance coverage
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program