Northern Light Health is recruiting for an ICU Hospitalist for Mercy Hospital in gorgeous Portland, Maine.
• Schedule is 12 hour shifts, one week on/one week off. Recruiting for both day and night shifts. There is a $16/hr night differential.
• Multifaceted hospitalist position, giving qualified physicians the opportunity to care for a sick population:
o Work collaboratively with large pulmonary critical care group in Portland, Maine to round on inpatients in the 4-bed ICU
o Provide daytime coverage of patients transferred from the ICU to the floors
o Nocturnal cross coverage of med/surg inpatient units as well as receiving admission calls from the ER and supervising APPs at night. Estimated clinical responsibility is 25% of total FTE.
• Applicants should be comfortable with ICU procedures including intubations, central line placement, ventilator management, and arterial lines.
• Internal training with simulation support is available to in certification of these skills competencies
• Applicants should be trained and Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and possess excellent clinical and communication skills.
Northern Light Mercy Hospital, an acute care, non-profit hospital in Portland, Maine, is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. We advocate for a society in which all can realize their full potential and achieve the common good. We give priority to those that society ignores. The greater Portland community has come to rely on the personal care and healing focus that Northern Light Mercy Hospital provides. Northern Light Mercy provides a wide range of medical and surgical services as well as six primary care, subspecialty physician practices, and community-based programs. Northern Light Mercy Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Northern Light Mercy Hospital, located in Maine’s largest city, Portland, offers a blend of old-world charm and modern sophistication. This city has been routinely ranked among the top ten in national listings for best restaurants, health, and the best place to raise a family. You don’t have to go far outside of Portland to "get away." Many classic New England towns surround Greater Portland. Nine miles outside the city sits Gorham, home of the University of Southern Maine. Freeport, home of the L.L. Bean flagship store, is a shopping mecca with an extensive list of outlet stores. If you are looking for an outdoor adventure, consider biking or walking the Sebago to the Sea trail, a continuous trail from Sebago Lake to Casco Bay. Hunt, fish, and boat in the Lakes Region, or head further west toward Mount Washington for hiking or skiing. Whether you prefer the urban way of life or rustic country living, southern Maine offers something for everyone.