The Physician Director of Primary Care and Practice Director, Primary Care will work collaboratively as a dyad to co-lead the overall practice operations. Together they will promote positive internal and external relationships, provide timely communication, participate in the budgeting and strategic planning process, and develop and oversee practice performance and program development. The dyads are responsible for creating a culture that supports the Medical Group's organizational vision, mission, and values.
Job Functions & Duties:
All listed functions and duties listed are essential to Physician Director of Primary Care role.
- Responsible for the clinical operational activities and functions within the Practice
- Creates the culture of continuous quality improvement
- Ensures that patient safety efforts are given high priority within the practice
- Creates a culture of effectiveness and accountability and holds providers accountable for outcomes of work, positive behaviors, collegiality and teamwork
- Collaborates with Practice Manager(s) on areas of practice operations
- Responsible for managing patient complaints, in conjunction with the practice manager
- Manages provider behavior and impairment issues. Escalates these issues to Medical Group Leadership when appropriate
- Provides direction, holds accountable, develops and evaluates clinical staff in their performance of all goals and objectives with input from Practice Manager, Practice Director, Vice President, Provider Services and Sr. VP/Senior Physician Executive, Medical Group.
- Actively participates in provider recruitment process, provider development and retention
- Maintains current understanding of provider productivity measures and ability to compare against National, State and System benchmarks, within the context of the practice performance model.
- Ensures effective, efficient and cost-effective use of clinical resources in order to maintain an environment that strives to meet budget goals.
- Actively participates with the Practice Manager in the development of budgets and review of monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Establishes long-range specialty/practice objectives
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities to improve service offerings consistent with EMMC mission and priorities
- Develops provider and practice workforce plans and incorporates into the annual budget process
· Manages community relations(marketing plan/strategy – following proven marketing principles) in conjunction with the Practice Manager; retain and grow market share; service level and patient experience