We are looking for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Physician to join our expanding primary care team and provide patients with high-quality treatment and diagnostic services. The person in the Physician role will be responsible for meeting, assessing and diagnosing patients in a Nursing Home and providing them with healthcare services that meet state and national standards for care giving. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. The right candidate will have a passion for providing diagnostic services to patients and will enjoy working closely with other healthcare professionals in our organization.
Responsibilities for Physician
- Work with the primary healthcare team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Nursing Home patients.
- Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for.
- Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
- Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up-to-date before prescribing medication/treatment.
- Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records
- BC/BE in Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, Palliative Care/Hospice or Family Practice or D. O. degree from an accredited United States medical school
- Successful completion of residency and at an accredited healthcare institution.
- Board certification in primary care
- Current New York State Medical Practitioner License
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing.
- Experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting
- Experience prescribing appropriate medications, treatments and health regimens to treat patient health issues
- Experience collaborating with specialists to explore patient health conditions and diagnose health issues
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.