The Fargo, North Dakota VA Health Care System is actively recruiting for a part time staff Hospitalist to join our established team.
This is an opportunity to practice in a highly collegial environment and at a facility consistently recognized as one of the best in all of VA for “best places to work” on the All Employee Survey! The Fargo VA is closely affiliated with the University of North Dakota School of Medicine. A successful applicant may seek and reasonably expect a faculty appointment. Teaching as well as research opportunities exist for physicians who wish to pursue these professional interests. The Fargo/Moorhead area is a vibrant community featuring three universities, a thriving arts scene, festivals, shopping, night life and sports.
The Fargo VAHCS is part of a recently funded multi-site NIH-funded Clinical and Translational Research center called “the Dakota Cancer Collaborative on Translational Activity (DACCOTA)”. The goal of DACCOTA is to better understand cancer and its causes and to develop effective treatments for the disease by leveraging researchers and resources in North and South Dakota to promote translational research. Other participating sites are NDSU, USD, Sanford, Altru, and the coordinating site is at UND. There will be opportunities for mentoring junior researchers, collaborating with junior and senior researchers, applying for pilot funding, and participating in educational programs.
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay, and liability protection, we're also offering Recruitment, Relocation, and Education Repayment Incentives. The VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 days of paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 days of paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
- 5 days authorized absence for CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
Education Debt Repayment Program:
- Maximum award amount up to $200,000
For more information or to apply e-mail your cv or call me direct.
Fargo VA Health Care System
701 232-3241, ext 9-2353