- Employment with Saint Joseph Physician Network (SJPN) – Northwest Family Medicine; located at 2930 W. Cleveland Road, South Bend, IN, 46628.
- SJPN is the employed provider arm of Saint Joseph Health System.
- Physician departure is driving this need. Potential to take over many of the patients of the departing physician.
- Average 20-25 patients per day; shared call responsibilities.
- Some Pediatrics; predominantly geriatrics. No OB. No hospital work.
- Clinic hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 to 5:00.
- Call one night a week, probably Monday for new physician. Rotate every 5th
- EMR is PowerChart – a Cerner Product.
- Basic laboratory services are available on site; basic procedures may be performed.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Competitive salary range in line with MGMA standards.
- Malpractice paid by corporation, including tail insurance.
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance/retirement benefits.
- 22 days off per year; 7 holidays; 5 days and $3,000 for CME.
- $3,000 per year for professional journals, dues, and memberships.
- Student loan assistance available.
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy.
The Hospital and the Michiana Area
- Saint Joseph Health System has been in the Michiana region for over 100 years. A new 254-bed hospital was built in 2009 in Mishawaka.
- The Michiana area, north-central Indiana and south-western Michigan, has a population of more than 240,000.
- Known for the legendary University of Notre Dame, the area boasts several colleges and universities, along with multiple reputable private and public school systems.
- The area offers a very affordable cost of living.
- Close proximity to Chicago and Indianapolis and Lake Michigan.