SAINT JOSEPH HEALTH SYSTEM
SOUTH BEND/MISHAWAKA, INDIANA
NEUROLOGIST - OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION
- Employment with Saint Joseph Physician Network, the employed provider arm of Saint Joseph Health System.
- Community based practice located in Medical Office Building adjacent to hospital.
- Average daily inpatient census of 5-10 neurology patients (consult only); internal medicine hospitalist service is in place.
- Sub-specialty interest of Clinical Neurophysiology, Movement, Epilepsy, Headache, or Sleep Medicine are welcome.
- 10-15 new patients per week; new patients scheduled 6 months out.
- EEG/EMG procedures are done in the hospital.
- Practice members are three physicians and one nurse practitioner. Providers see about 10-12 patients per day.
- Opportunity for teaching exists with our Family Medicine residents.
- Call is every 4th week where you are Neuro-hospitalist and cover the ED.
- Inpatient only is also an option and can be discussed. This could likely be a 7 on, 7 off schedule or similar variation.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Competitive salary range in line with MGMA standards; based on production and achievement of value driven quality metrics.
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life/retirement benefits.
- Malpractice paid by corporation, including tail.
- 22 days off per year; 5 days and $3,000 for CME.
- $3,000 per year for professional journals, dues, and memberships.
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy.
The Hospital and the Michiana Area
- Saint Joseph Health System (SJHS) has been in the Michiana region for over 100 years. A new 254-bed hospital was built in 2009.
- SJHS offers all private rooms; some of the services provided include oncology, neurology, obstetrics, surgery, pediatrics, and orthopedics.
- Our Physician Network includes 20 practice sites with over 80 primary care and specialist physicians in St. Joseph and Marshall counties.
- The Michiana area, north-central Indiana and south-western lower Michigan, has a population of more than 240,000. The SJHS service area has a population of nearly 900,000.
- Known for the legendary University of Notre Dame, the area boasts several colleges and universities, along with multiple reputable private and public school systems.
- Close proximity to Chicago and Indianapolis and Lake Michigan.
For further information contact Paul Charkowski, Manager, Physician Recruitment for SJRMC,
at email@example.com, or phone at 574-335-8750